U2410 USB-HUB issue and other questions

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2410 USB-HUB issue and other questions

This question is not answered

I have an issue when using the USB-HUB of my U2410 Rev. A00.

When I connect it to an USB-Port of my PC, I can't boot. The PC will get to the POST-Screen and beep, but it won't show me information about CPU, RAM and drives and simply hang. I can however use the HUB by connecting it after starting windows.

What can I do to not have to plug the USB-cable everytime I want to restart? I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive, by the way, because I'm still considering getting a replacement because of the dithering issue, which leads to my next question.

I saw that there is already a Rev. A02 being sold in germany. What are the changes from Rev. A01?

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement, now? Is there still stock of refurbished A00?

All Replies
  • "I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive"

Why aren't you using the USB uplink cable that shipped with the monitor to connect the monitor to the PC rear USB port?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• Tigerfox
    I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive, by the way, because I'm still considering getting a replacement because of the dithering issue.

I don't want to use more of the cables than necessary in case I send it in for replacement.

• But we never tested our monitor with your 3rd party external HDD uplink cable. Use ours on our monitor.

• Ok, using the Dell cable solved the problem. I didn't think it'd make a difference, what USB cable I use. Shouldn't they be all the same?

I still wan't an answer to these questions:

I saw that there is already a Rev. A02 being sold in germany. What are the changes from Rev. A01?

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement because of the dithering-issue, now? Is there still stock of refurbished A00?

• Shouldn't they be all the same?
    * No.

* Rev changes are Dell confidential.

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement because of the dithering-issue, now?
    * Pretty good.

Is there still stock of refurbished A00?
    * There is no way we can know what is out there.