Del SP2309W Calibration Software...

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Del SP2309W Calibration Software...

This question is not answered

When I start Photoshop I get the following message...

The monitor profile "Dell SP2309W" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

If I ignore this error, the images look wrong -- exhibit a yellow cast.

I did not get this message before updating my Dell monitor driver and color profile.

Overwriting my color settings doesn't make any difference at this point.

Is there such a thing as Dell monitor calibration software? If not, what is the workaround for this?

My system: Dell SP2309 monitor, Dell Precision T500, MS Vista 64-bit, NVIDIA Quadro FX 570.

Several posts on this forum cite the same problem, yet no solution is offered. Would someone from Dell like to take ownership of this issue?

All Replies
  • I did not get this message before updating my Dell monitor driver and color profile.
    * Return the PC to the previous condition either by loading a different ICM and driver or doing an operating system restore

Is there such a thing as Dell monitor calibration software?
    * No.

If not, what is the workaround for this?
    * None.

Would someone from Dell like to take ownership of this issue?
    * No. Engineering has already stated that they are not going to tweak every Dell monitor ICM for this Photshop software coding flaw. (As they stated)

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Unfortunately, I am getting the same issue, I would like to fix this problem in anyway possible (if there are steps to do it). If I was informed about the issue with Photoshop and this monitor I wouldn't have purchased it, but to late to go back.  Please inform me of a way to as you stated in the first answer, "Return the PC to the previous condition either by loading a different ICM and driver". Thank You.