Dell 2407WFP power button.

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 2407WFP power button.

This question is not answered

I'm having a problem with the power button on my 2407 and after doing some googling it seems that it's not a completely uncommon occurrence. The power button has broken off of whatever was holding it in place and now it's loose and moves freely in a circle which causes problems turning the monitor off and on. Although I can still manage to get it to work for now, I don't know how long that will last.

I bought the monitor from the Dell website in January 2007 and I believe it has a 3 year warranty. Is this covered by the warranty and how would I go about getting it repaired or replaced? If there's some way to repair or replace it would I have to send it away for several weeks and be without a monitor or would I get a 'loaner' or an advanced replacement? Also, I assume this is a general Dell tech support forum so I should mention I'm a Canadian customer. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.'

Thank you,

Dave W.

All Replies
  • Contact Canada Technical Support. Give them the following -
    Name:
    Email Address:
    Shipping address:
    Phone number:
    Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
    Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
    Reason: 2407WFP broken power button

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status