Memory Card Slot Problems w/ Dell 2407WFP Monitor

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Memory Card Slot Problems w/ Dell 2407WFP Monitor

• I've had the 2407WFP monitor for several months with no problems.  I regularly use the USB and CF card reader on the monitor.  No issues.  Earlier this week, when I was booting up my computer, the POST screen paused right after the processor line - and hung there for almost two minutes - then booted up normally.  Once in windows vista, all is fine - or so I thought.  Today, I went to use the CF card reader and it doesn't work - the memory card isn't recognized - same card I've always used.  I disconnected the USB that feeds the monitor, rescanned, still doesn't work.  I left it disconnected and rebooted - and discovered my POST screen hang problem is gone.  If I plug in the USB monitor cable that feeds the card readers, the POST hangs again - if I pull the plug, the system reboots and is fine.

So, why would I all of a sudden have a hardware problem that by all apearances is occuring at initial BIOS boot - no new hardware or software changes on my system.  Even if I disconnect the USB cable and boot to vista, then connect the USB, I can't get the card reader to work - and there is a yellow problem flag in device manager next to USB Mass Storage Device.

System Specs:
    EVGA 680i SLI
    Intel E6600 2.4
    Corsair PC28500 TWIN2X2048-8500CS
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS
    Antec TruePower 650W
    Creative X-Fi Platinum
    SATA 500GB 7200 x 3 Non-Raid
    Dual Boot Vista/XP
  • It is time to call Dell support and spend an hour plus on the phone and have them replace it.

Alienware Aurora R4: i7-3820, 8GB, 10TB of HDD, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7800, Samsung 27" monitor

XPS 730x: i7 920,   Replaced with an Alienware Aurora R4

XPS 410: Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz (Q6600) , 6GB, EVGA 8800GTS 640MB,
    Single TV Tuner , X-Fi Xtreme Music, Logitec X530 Speakers

Latitude 10 Tablet

Inspiron 1720: T7500, 4GB, 120GBx5400, 120GBx7200, 8600GT, DVD+/-RW, Bluetooth,
    Windows 8.1

• spenserj,

Power reset the monitor.

* Power off the monitor
    * Disconnect all cabling from the bottom and/or sides of the monitor (especially the power cord). Disconnecting the power cord releases all circuit latches resetting them
    * Press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
    * Reconnect only the monitor power cord and either the #1 blue VGA or #2 white DVI (not both)
    * Power on the monitor
    * The PC should already be on. The monitor should auto sense the #1 blue VGA or #2 white DVI. If it does not, press the Input Select button and change to #1 VGA or #2 DVI
    * Plug the USB uplink cable back in and check the Memory card.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?