Monitor won't stay on!!

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Monitor won't stay on!!

• I have a problem with my monitor.. When it is turned on, it will stay on for about 3 seconds and then go blank.. I will turn if off and then it back on, and it will do the same thing... I hooked up another monitor to my computer and everything worked fine with that one... Does anyone know what could be wrong with my monitor? Do I need to get a new monitor??
  • ab180202,

What monitor model?

What video card?

What connections have you tried (VGA or DVI)?

What operating system?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• I'm not sure that the monitor model is... On the back it says Rev. A00 and I believe it is a 17 inch flat panel. It was made in 2003.. If that helps any. Not sure what the video card is, but I have tried the monitor on 3 different systems and it wouldn't work with any of them. The operating system is XP. The cable that came with it is VGA.. And that is the only cable I have used with it, in the 2 years that I have owned it.
  • ab180202,

It sounds defective to me.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• It it a model E172FPb or E173FPb?  If so i might be able to help.  The model is printed on the back of the unit on the black tag below the white tag.

thanks,

• It is model number E172FPb

Message Edited by ab180202 on 05-10-2007 11:58 AM
  • It is definately in need of repair.  Is it still under warranty?  If not I may still be able to help.

thanks,
    tom
  • Nope, it is no longer under warranty.. Do you have an idea of what is wrong with it??
  • Yes.  Please contact me via email: tomezak1234@yahoo.com
  • hi... i have a problem with my dell monitor, it keeps turnin off when i turn it on and it says its on power save  mode and to press any key or move the mouse to undo power save, when i do that nothin happens it jus remains blank....its a flat panel monitor 17 inch

Message Edited by crystal17 on 05-10-2007 05:22 PM
  • What is the model?  It should be printed on the back probably on a black label?  Is it under warranty?  if not, i may still be able to help you out.  feel free to email me.

thanks,
    tom
  • the model is E173FPc...manufactured in 2005...its a couple mths old
  • Is it still under warranty?
  • no its isnt under warranty