Can anyone recommend a Dual Head Graphic card with twin outputs of 2560 x 1440?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Can anyone recommend a Dual Head Graphic card with twin outputs of 2560 x 1440?

This question is not answered

Hi there,

I have just bought a second Dell U2711 monitor to use with a windows 7 based PC.

i didn't really do the research on PCI graphics Cards before I bought it and am now trying to find a reasonably priced dual head card that will give me the maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 for both monitors.

I guess I'm after a twin DVI card.

I am using this for music applications(cubase & ableton) where I have many 'plug ins' and effects/mixers all open at the same time - i dont need gaming spec performance.

can anyone recommend something?

many thanks

Bob

All Replies
  • Are you saying that your current video card cannot do dual monitors?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• Hi Chris,

thanks for the reply.

my current card does support dual monitors - just not both at maximum u2711 resolution of 2560 x 1440.

there are obviously high spec cards that do - i just don't want to spend a lot of money un-necessarily when I don't need gaming cards.

regards

bob

• List all of the slots on the motherboard. Also, we need to know the power supply wattage.

• Hi Chris, Thanks again for your reply. The problem is I don't have those details yet - I 'm in the process of spec'ing a new music computer. I will reply again when I have the info. Regards Bob Is there anything you would recommend for slots and power for a suitable graphics card?
  • I would want a motherboard with one PCIe x16 slot and at least a 600w power supply.

• Hi Bob,

I have exactly the same situation; one PC + 1 x U2711 but want to add a second one.  Did you get any favourable responses?

Regards

Joe

• Hi Joe,

it has been a struggle but i found a solution in the end.

i tried an Nvidea GTS 450 which was meant to have 2 x DVI outputs at the correct resolution - but could not get 2560x1440 through an HDMI 1.4 cable.

so i scrapped that and went down the Display Port route.

the card I found is an Nvidea Quadro NVS 295. Has only 2 x Display Port outputs - is tiny PCI Express - fanless and works perfectly with my music software - i have tons of different plug ins running simultaneously without any issues. if your not gaming id recommend this.

hope this help

Bob