Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Enable ST2220T touch with Win 7 Home premium laptop

This question is answered

Some time ago I noticed the Tablet functionality when exploring my laptop, Dell Studio XPS 13.  I just purchased the ST2220T Touch display thinking that I could enable the touch functionality as an extended display.  I confirmed that my Windows 7 OS, Home Premium was capable.  Now with monitor connected I cannot figure out how to get it working.  When viewing the System details, it does say Pen and Tablet not enabled.  I can't find the Tablet in the System Control Panel anymore.  It's check as an installed feature from the Windows Programs area in Control Panel.  Still after installing drivers, switching to extended and such, I still can't seem to figure out if it's compatible and working. 

Verified Answer
  • wow that was too easy.  I'm embarrased.  That was all it was.

All Replies
  • Did you connect the USB up stream cable from the monitor to a USB port on the laptop?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• wow that was too easy.  I'm embarrased.  That was all it was.

• Can you tell me how are you setup  ?

How can you connect XPS 13 to ST2220T since there is no VGA output from the XPS13 ?

I bough ST2220T but I can't make it work...

Thanks,

Claude

• You have to install the drivers, Hook up the usb cable then the video cable.

Dell ST2220T Multi-Touch 21.5” Monitor

The new DellTM  ST2220T multi-touch monitor featuring 21.5" multi-touch screen with IPS technology, and multiple tilt angles.

You Attach Video to XPS13 Via USB 3 Docking Station  Dell Part# : A5576955

The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Dual Video Docking Station from Targus® offers dual video ports that deliver beyond HD video and graphics up to 2048 x 1152 (1x DVI-I, 1x HDMI) to two monitors. This docking station includes a DVI to VGA adapter, 1 HDMI to DVI adapter, two USB 3.0 ports for your USB 3.0 peripherals and 4 USB 2.0 ports for all of your USB 2.0 items. Also, it includes a Gigabit Ethernet port, audio In/Out ports to connect speakers and a security lock slot to help secure the dock and avoid theft. Along with all these features, this docking station has two high-powered USB ports, providing extra power and stays on even when the laptop is disconnected.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• Well, A5576955 is 200$...

300$ for the touch screen and 200$ to make it work is not what I can call a deal ;-)

Thanks anyway... I may need to return it.

Claude