IN1920 Monitor Driver

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

IN1920 Monitor Driver

This question is not answered

Hello. I have recently bought a IN1920 monitor, and I couldn't understand how to update the driver to get Setup.exe. The thing that has me confused in the description: Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for DELL_IN1920C-MONITOR_A00-00_R262957.EXE. Is there a easier and more simple way to get to setup.exe step-by-step? Thank you very much for your help.

All Replies
  • Coolman5,

* Once the file is downloaded and you double-clicked it to open it, three files are extracted
    * Open the Device Manager
    * Click the icon left of Monitors
    * Double click the monitor listed
    * Click the Driver tab
    * Click the Update Driver button
    * Click No, not at this time
    * Click Next
    * Dot Install from a list or specific location
    * Click Next
    * Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install
    * Click Next
    * Click Have Disk
    * Click Browse and navigate to where the three files are now
    * Click the monitor inf file
    * Click Open
    * Click OK
    * Click Next
    * Click Finish
    * Now the Device Manager- Monitors should show your monitor

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Okay, I don't understand where the files are extracted. And I also don't understand how to work with winzip. When I save it to the desktop, there are options that ask if the files need to be overwritten. And then it says that the files are unzipped, but I don't know where.

• It created a folder on the desktop which has the files in it.

#iwork4Dell
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Okay, I am really confused. I don't know how to install this. Is there a way  for winzip can install this, or something that can help with the in1920 folder?

• Is there a way  for winzip can install this?
    * No. All it does is unzip the files into a folder. You then use my earlier instructions to "point" to the INF file in that folder.

#iwork4Dell
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Okay, my file still shows the driver date 1/11/2010 Driver Version: 1.0.0.0, and the correct file is supposed to be  driver version 1.3.2.6557. I put in the directions and clicked the inf file, but it still says the same thing. Restarted the computer and it doesn't work. I extracted the download to C:\dell\drivers\R262957 and it still says 1/11/2010. How can it be changed?