U2410 USB-HUB issue and other questions

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2410 USB-HUB issue and other questions

This question is not answered

I have an issue when using the USB-HUB of my U2410 Rev. A00.

When I connect it to an USB-Port of my PC, I can't boot. The PC will get to the POST-Screen and beep, but it won't show me information about CPU, RAM and drives and simply hang. I can however use the HUB by connecting it after starting windows.

What can I do to not have to plug the USB-cable everytime I want to restart? I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive, by the way, because I'm still considering getting a replacement because of the dithering issue, which leads to my next question.

I saw that there is already a Rev. A02 being sold in germany. What are the changes from Rev. A01?

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement, now? Is there still stock of refurbished A00?

All Replies
  • "I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive"

Why aren't you using the USB uplink cable that shipped with the monitor to connect the monitor to the PC rear USB port?

• Tigerfox
    I'm using the uplinkcable of an external harddrive, by the way, because I'm still considering getting a replacement because of the dithering issue.

I don't want to use more of the cables than necessary in case I send it in for replacement.

• But we never tested our monitor with your 3rd party external HDD uplink cable. Use ours on our monitor.

• Ok, using the Dell cable solved the problem. I didn't think it'd make a difference, what USB cable I use. Shouldn't they be all the same?

I still wan't an answer to these questions:

I saw that there is already a Rev. A02 being sold in germany. What are the changes from Rev. A01?

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement because of the dithering-issue, now? Is there still stock of refurbished A00?

• Shouldn't they be all the same?
    * No.

* Rev changes are Dell confidential.

How high are my chances to get a Rev. A01 or A02 as a replacement because of the dithering-issue, now?
    * Pretty good.

Is there still stock of refurbished A00?
    * There is no way we can know what is out there.