U2410 Rev A01 eta?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

U2410 Rev A01 eta?

This question has suggested answer(s)

Does anyone from dell have an ETA for the Ultrasharp U2410 rev a01?

It seems it would be wise to wait for the new rev. But i'm really interested in this screen Big Smile

All Replies
  • *The fix was in place on November 20 for the sRGB dithering. Even though the fix was put to all in the factory and hubs, the label may not have been changed.

Good news.But Chris M  Did you tested new firmware?I'm afraid that new firmware is just remove the dithering function simply and will lost more gray level. 

If that new firmware is good enough,Then I'll initiate the monitor exchange.

• rkhrt27,

Being in technical support, I do not know. You would have to talk to sales.

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• Would you know if I ordered directly from dell.com, if that monitor would have the dithering fix applied, or should I talk to sales too?

• I don't know if this is authoritative, but an eBay vendor for this monitor just told me that A01 has not yet been released in North America. This, of course, contradicts the assertion that it was slipped in during November, so someone is wrong. Since I'm in no hurry I'm going to wait until monitors are labelled as A01, and at least a few users confirm the new monitors are working properly.

• I know it was released but getting all the monitors in the repair hubs flashed is a very slow process.

• Thanks, Chris. You think a reseller who just took delivery of 40 monitors labelled A00 actually has A01?

• I just do not know. Let me check on the label to be sure.

• Any update on the label? How long are we actually going to have to wait until we can safely buy one of these monitors? November 20th will soon be a month ago, yet no one has seemed to have received the fixed monitors yet.

• Well, I purchased this monitor through Dell's ebay storefront. I received the monitor today and was disappointed that I got a A00 revision. Now because of the problems that have plagued this revision, I do not want to open it nor use the monitor to eventually find out that I may a problem. I am highly considering returning this monitor because of it. Is it possible to exchange my current monitor for a A01 revised U2410 monitor?

• Any update on the label? How long are we actually going to have to wait until we can safely buy one of these monitors?
    * Email sent. Awaiting responses.

Is it possible to exchange my current monitor for a A01 revised U2410 monitor?
    * Not at this time. My advice is return it and repurchase when I have a date of the A01.

• Well, I have decided to stick with the U2410 as it is a great monitor for web developing. 

I assembled the monitor and figured out that I have the dithering problem and would like to get it replaced/exchanged within the 21 day window. The date of manufacturing is Nov. 2009.

How would I go about getting this monitor replaced/exchanged with a U2410 without dithering problems?

Thank you for all your help.

• This is a little frustrating. I placed an order a couple of days ago with the assurance from the salesperson I spoke to that it would ship with absolutely the latest firmware. Now I feel like i'm in a race to find out if that's really true while there's still time to cancel the order. I'm willing to wait it out a little while longer if I don't have to go through the hassle of shipping something back to get an upgrade. A speedy response from Chris is much appreciated!

• Hello

Revision A01 wasn't supposed to be out on November 20? Or is there any other fix than the dithering issue?

The tinting is the major problem users are experiencing and would love to see solved.

Thanks for the support.

• @ Bacano: There was a dithering fix according to Chris in this thread: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19297120/19567278.aspx

"The fix was in place on November 20 for the sRGB dithering. Even though the fix was put to all in the factory and hubs, the label may not have been changed." 

Note his post does not indicate that an A01 label would necessarily be associated with the dither fix.  So far I've not read any reports online of people receiving a monitor with the dithering corrected, or with an A01 label.

---

Chris also posted regarding the tinting issue in this thread: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19297120/19567278.aspx.

"Problem: Complaints of Pink or Green Tint on U2410 display

Note: All received captures were tested and are within manufacturer specifications for Color Gradation. Because this is a normal panel characteristic and not a hardware failure, exchanges will no longer be offered for this complaint since a dispatch of another display cannot be guaranteed to resolve the complaint."

Bottom line, it seems that the tint problems are intended and won't be corrected in the near future.  I've expressed my dissatisfaction with this decision in the same thread with a post on page 7.

• shuttershy,
    Cancel it. I have not received a date on when A01 will be the only one out there.

Thedrun,
    The dithering fixed monitors will have an A01 label.