2407WFP - Out Of Range Signal Error On Component Input

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

2407WFP - Out Of Range Signal Error On Component Input

• I have been using my model 2407WFPb for the last six months with an XBOX360 using the component video input and 1080i. Every one to two weeks I get either an "Out Of Range Input Error" or a blank (black) screen with the backlight still on. Each time this happens, it requires that I unplug the power for about 20 minutes (or more) before connecting all of the cables again (I also unplug the USB, VGA, and DVI cables as well). I remember reading forum posts in the past about problems with component input on this model with 1080i. At the time I couldn't find a solution so I just put up with it until now. However, this problem has become increasingly aggravating over the last two weeks because it now happens every other day. Below is an example of the on screen error that will occasionally be displayed: ---------- Out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz ---------- In case anyone asks: No, it still does not work after connecting another component video device. It will require that most of the cables be unplugged for several minutes before functioning properly again. Is there anything that I can do to correct this recurring issue? I would appreciate any advice.
  • I have the same issue but my monitor is always plugged into a computer. Every time the system puts the monitor to sleep I get the "Signal out of Range" error when I wake it up. To get around it I have to switch the input using the first button to cycle back to DVI-D or if that fails, restarting the computer always works. It is annoying. This is my second monitor (the first had a problem with the power button sticking) and the first one did not do this as much as this one does but it still gave the out of range error occasionally. I will be monitoring this thread for a solution.
  • All,

* Unplug the monitor power cord
    * Hold the monitor power button in for 5 seconds
    * Power the Console on
    * Power the monitor back on and change to #5 Component

Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 01-07-2008 03:29 PM

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?