Dell 1901FP Problem

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 1901FP Problem

• Hello!

I have a Dell 1901FP that sometimes shows a "lock" symbol right in the middle of the screen. It also goes black with the Auto Adjusting message floating around. Othertimes it works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Emil
  • hbcsc153,

To what port on the video card is the monitor connected? Only one should be connected at a time?

(Liaison for Desktops, Alienware, Monitors)
    Drivers
    Order Status

• Hi Chris!

It was connected to the VGA port of the video card. Just as a test I tried connecting the DVI to DVI cable after removing the VGA-VGA cable, and it was worse.

So, when the VGA only is connected it gives a "2 Digital Input Self Test Feature Check" and the 4 color bars show up. This has been going on for the last two and a half years, and this is the first he tells me about it. Don't ask. :-) As we are a university, we buy everything with 3-year warrenty. It may have been under warrenty then, but I highly doubt it is now.

When the DVI is connected it sort of shuts down the monitor.

Removed the lock symbol by follwoing the manual instructions.

Regards,

Emil
  • hbcsc153,

Since your connected to VGA #1, and 2 Digital Input Self Test Feature Check appears, that is just the monitor saying I am not getting a DVI signal. You are toggling the B Input Select button to VGA?

Drivers
    Order Status

• Hi Chris!

I know what you are saying. But, we are not even touching the buttons in front. It is doing it by itself.

Regards,

Emil
  • hbcsc153,

Connect it to the DVI. Press and hold down the Menu button down for 15 seconds. Any difference?

Drivers
    Order Status

• The OSD Lock can be Locked or Unlocked by holding the OSD menu button (A) for
    15 seconds after powering the monitor on.

This information was buried and VERY difficult to find.

Never seen this behavior before.

Note: You can also lock or unlock the OSD by pushing the Menu button (A)
    for over 15 seconds.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/1901FP/en/controls.htm

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.