monitor connecto to dvd player

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

monitor connecto to dvd player

• I want to connect a Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW to a Denon DVD 1910 player, it states that it has a DVI connection however that connection does not deliver the audio portion.

Is there a input on the Dell monitor where you can plug in audio from a DVD player ?

• why dont you just play the dvd in your computer?

• The 2405FPW doesn't scale resolutions correctly through composite or component let alone DVI, any 16:9 content over DVI will be confused by the monitor to either 1024x728 (720P HD confused) or 1920x1200 (1080P HD confused) resulting in the image being stretched and distorted.
  • The 2405FPW doesn't scale resolutions correctly through composite or component let alone DVI, any 16:9 content over DVI will be confused by the monitor to either 1024x728 (720P HD confused) or 1920x1200 (1080P HD confused) resulting in the image being stretched and distorted

** thanks for the repsonse. Actually using the Denon DVD player the picture is very good in 4:8 letter box I think it is called. Although my screen continues to flash when connected through the DVI D connnection the pictures looks very natural and a step up from the picture displayed by component video.

** The DVD player has a HDCP chip , do you know if the Dell Monitor has one or not , if it doesnt  this is why it is flashing ? Is there a card one can purchase or a jack or interface that one can use to replicate the signal the HDCP is probably sending back to the DVD player ?

thanks for you input