dell mono mfp B1165nfw "scan to pc" function not available - Printers Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

dell mono mfp B1165nfw "scan to pc" function not available

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

dell mono mfp B1165nfw "scan to pc" function not available

This question has been answered by DellRich

I have been using my dell mono mfp B1165nfw with the same Dell Inspiron 620 Desktop (Windows 8.1 64-bit, up-to-date) for a few years.

Occasionally, I scan documents to my Desktop. Just today, I printed documents from my Desktop on the printer, signed them, and wanted to scan them. When I started to try to scan, after "warming up", I receive warning "beeps" and the text "Not Available" is displayed on the printer.

I am able to see the printer from the web browser of the Desktop <192.168.1.51/.../index.html>, all looks OK. 

Any troubleshooting tips for me?

Verified Answer
  • Fixed my issue by resetting the the file system path on my Desktop from within the Dell Printer Manager program on my Desktop . (I added a subdirectory and pointed the scanner there.) Not sure why the scan function "lost" visibility, but I am OK now.

All Replies
  • Fixed my issue by resetting the the file system path on my Desktop from within the Dell Printer Manager program on my Desktop . (I added a subdirectory and pointed the scanner there.) Not sure why the scan function "lost" visibility, but I am OK now.