DELL B1165nfw AIRPRINT & APPLE IOS 8.1 - Printers Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

DELL B1165nfw AIRPRINT & APPLE IOS 8.1

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

DELL B1165nfw AIRPRINT & APPLE IOS 8.1

This question has been answered by bigpapa94

Since updating my Apple devices to ios 8.1 from ios 7, I am no longer able to AirPrint from those devices. Prior to this update, my printer worked beautifully. Who should fix this problem -- Apple or Dell? Could a firmware update from Dell solve the problem? When I've contacted Dell Printer Support, they seem only vaguely aware of  the problem -- Seems to me that the obvious culprit is Apple's ios 8. I feel like I'm between the proverbial "rock and hard place." Advice welcome.

Verified Answer
  • Dell has a firmware fix for this. I've implemented it and it works with my IOS 8 devices. If you have trouble implementing this zipfile fix, you can get help from Technical Support.

See:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

• Just got off the phone with Dell just like you said everything working with printer

All Replies
  • Same problem here, I tried a firmware upgrade but latest version available is Feb 2014, obviously doesn't work.

Sucks

• I have the same exact problem. After being on the phone with Apple for over an hour the apple rep called sell while I was on the phone. My dell printer (which I found out is actually made by Samsung) is not compatible with iOS 8. He said they are working on a firmware update for the printer. No ETA. sell is still advertising these printers being compatible with iOS. Obviously they are not. So I'm SOL atm

• took all my Apple devices to the Apple store, they said that it was a Dell problem, i just brought this printer and cannot use airprint. Dell we need a solutions ASAP.

• Same problem here - our printer is less than a year old, bought it specifically to work with our ipads. We have been given the runaround by Dell and bounced between customer service and tech support. Promised there would be an update "soon". Also told that we would get a call back about replacing this printer because it does not print and is therefore useless. We also have a square trade warranty and may pursue that avenue but am wondering if anyone has been successful in getting this issue resolved somehow.
  • Dell has a firmware fix for this. I've implemented it and it works with my IOS 8 devices. If you have trouble implementing this zipfile fix, you can get help from Technical Support.

See:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

• Just got off the phone with Dell just like you said everything working with printer