I have done everything suggested to remove and clean the printhead. I have used two color cartriges cleaning, aligning, deep cleaning removing and cleaning the printhead all with no success. HELP Please!
Since you mentioned that you have used two color cartridges, I would like to know if you are facing this problem only while printing in black or it’s not printing at all.
Thanks & Regards Prateek K #iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.
I have all the ink carts in place because usually when I "clean," "deep clean," and/or "align" any printing problems are repaired and the printer prints a test page using all colors. I have expected the problem to be "fixed" each time I have performed one of these operations.
When printing the test page, sometimes the black bar prints an inch or so "fuzzily" then is blank and the following black bars are "white," sometimes just "white" - no black at all.
Please continue with DELL-Prateek K
Helpful articles are...
Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers
Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers
The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color
and here is a Replacement Printhead if needed.
What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
I guess you are suggesting a new printhead. Is this correct?
I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. In order to isolate the issue, I would request you to reply to the information requested below:
1) Are you using Dell-branded ink cartridges or third party/refilled ink cartridges?
2) Try to set the printer to print only in black. To print in black only, press the color/black button on the printer's control panel and select the option to print in black mode only.
3) Update the printer firmware by clicking on the link below. Download the printer firmware and update the same: http://dell.to/18Un1Hr
4) Additionally, please click on the link below for useful information and steps: http://dell.to/1a2L7QL
Please revert with the results.
Thanks! I've been extremely busy so have not spent time with this - until now!
1) I am using 3rd party ink cartridges. (Now you are going to tell me that this is my problem! I have used these carts ever since I obtained this printer and the results have been flawless! - until now!)
2) I can not find out how to force the printer to print in black ink only when I am trying to "Clean - Align - Etc. It will not allow me to select Black Only. When I try to set it for black only from the "Printing Preferences drop down box," it is Greyed out and I can not select "Black only."
3) I updated the firmware. Thanks for the URL.
4) I obtained and installed a new print head. Still no Black.
Any further suggestions?
Some generic cartridges work, some don't. The Dell Series 21, 22 cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset.
Once you get a cartridge that allows the printer to print, you can change the settings in printer preferences to print with black only. I use the Dell Series high capacity cartridges. The last set lasted over a year and I print using all available ink.
Thanks Rick. I'll give it a try!
When you are low on color ink, the V313 series printers offer you the a menu option of printing only with black ink. However, when you replace your color cartridge they do not offer you a corresponding menu option to return to color printing.
Indicators that this is your problem are that your cleaning diagnostic printouts will be in color, your alignment diagnostic printouts will be in color and scanned documents will be in color, but digital photos and files will only print in black.
If this is the case with your printer, ignore all of the suggestions to change, clean, align, shake and squeeze your ink cartridges and print head. If it's printing everything in color except data files nothing is wrong with the cartridges or print head. The problem is a software setting. Here’s how to fix it:
If Dell would only make the printer smart enought to know you have installed a new color cartridge and pop-up a menu option to resume color printing all this would be unnecessary.
I'm having the same issue with my v313w printer. Was this ever resolved?
I had been using Print Pal ink carts. for a long time (the Dell carts are considerably more expensive). Suddenly, they stopped working successfully. I tried everything I could think of. (Print pal sent me a replacement free- no success.)
I finally broke down and purchased a dell oem cart. Success so far.