Interference with Color ink cartridge in V313w printer

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Interference with Color ink cartridge in V313w printer

This question is not answered

I replaced my color ink cartridge the other day and it worked fine. When I went to use it today I keep getting an error that there is 'Interference with the Color ink cartridge'. I have tried what was suggested in cleaning the print head wiki article on this site, but no luck. I also tried to unplug the printer from the wall for 30 seconds to reset the error that was suggested in another forum post. Neither of which worked.

I can not even get the maintenance option to show up to get to the setup menu to try and clear the print head through that option. The error message simply keeps scrolling across the screen.

All Replies
  • Hi Brikap,

Please remove the printhead out of the printer and check if the same error message occurs.

Firmware update for the printer should take care of the problem.

To update the Firmware software for the Printer follow the below steps:

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable, Firmware should be updated after removing the PrintHead. Use the below link which has the steps to remove Printhead: http://dell.to/13SiM1m

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
    2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
    3. Open this link in the computer: http://dell.to/11ngkfL
    4. Select the operating system of the computer from the list of options.
    5. Under the Firmware, select the right Firmware according to the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
    6. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware software.
    7. Reinsert the Printhead and try printing and check.

Please reply for further help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

• Thanks for the response.

When the printhead is removed it does not give the 'interference' error, it gives me a completely different error about replacing the cartridge using the diagram under the cover. When replaced, I again get the 'interference' message.

I followed the instructions and updated the firmware on the printer as well, however, once finished I still receive the same error.

Very frustrating problem.

• Hi Brikap,

Based on the given description, it could be a problem with the cartridges or the printhead which holds the cartridges, if possible please try changing the ink cartridges. Check if the error occurs with the previously installed old cartridges.

Usually pressing harder on the ink cartridge will resolve this error (Slide the cartridges from front to back).

Reseat the ink cartridges and make sure to securely insert it into place holder, you should hear a click or snap sound that makes it lock into place. You may need to use two hands to press harder until snap.

Reseat the ink cartridges and make sure they are properly secured. You should hear the click/snap sound when the cartridges lock in the place holder.

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here