Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell M5200 Printer Driver issues

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a 64-bit Dell system running Windows 7 Professional and I can't get the driver to work. I have installed the Lexmark Optra driver for the like model and I have installed the Dell M5200 (MS) driver. Neither works. I can't print a test page. Nothing happens. The printer is not on a network. I could use some advice on what to do next please.

Thanks,

Brei79

All Replies
  • Hi Brei79,

I would suggest you to download and install the drivers directly from Dell support website. You may refer to the link: http://dell.to/14vWlN1.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• I tried to download the driver from the Dell support site. The driver downloaded and seemingly installed on my pc, but there is no dell printer listed in my printer folder. I can't print a test page or get the driver to work. Why can't I find the driver on my pc? The Dell files are all there as is the executed installation file labeled R147093. I am on a network with firewalls, but this particular printer needs to be placed on my pc only and not on the network. I have been selecting personal install not network install. Any suggestions?

• Hi Brei79,

You may try to uninstall the printer drivers manually and then install the drivers from the link provided in the previous post. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/15Zj1Ev.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here