Setting up network scanning with 3115cn - Printers Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

Setting up network scanning with 3115cn

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Setting up network scanning with 3115cn

This question is not answered

I've just bought a 3115cn and I'm struggling to set up network scanning. It seems incredibly complicated to set up something that is normally so simple. Previously we used a Samsung copier/scanner/fax/printer which came with a wizard to set up a desktop icon which we simply double click to scan documents. Is there nothing that Dell provides or that I can download elsewhere to make this easier? It's like going back to the late 80's when you had to be a technical genius to install anything and I thought we'd moved on from that.

All Replies
  • If you contact Dell technical support, they have comprehensive documentation to help you with setup.

• Hello Andy Pilkington

Welcome to the Dell Community ,I am Yasir from Dell Social medai out reach team .

5 Easy steps to get the network scan working:

1. Create a folder in C drive with sane SCAN TEST
    2. Turn on Simple File Sharing ( Test Scan > Folder Options >View > enable File sharing option
    3. Share the folder > Share the SCAN TEST folder >Right click >Sharing & Security>Sharing folder on network
    4. Create a Server Address entry from EWS, Open EWS page , Go to address book than server address than got o CREATE as name ADMIN and than you need to fill in some deatils under the server address :                                                          

Name :Wireless Scan Test

Server type : SMB

Server address : Enter computer IP adress

Server Port :139

Share name :Scan Test\

Thanks

DELL_Yasir