Dell Printer V715W - Print Head Error

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Printer V715W - Print Head Error

This question is not answered

I keep getting a print head error. I changed the ink  black and color twice, took the print head out cleaned it twice SAME ERROR

Help

All Replies
  • Hi cybworld,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand the concern that you have with the printer

I appreciate that you have removed and re-installed Print head and also cartridges. Please follow the steps and let me know if it has resolved the print head error please perform the following steps:

Open the cover --- this step will move the Print Head from home position to the center

Power OFF by removing the adaptor

Lift the latch. Remove the Print Head (No need to remove ink tank from Print Head)

Reinstall the Print Head in the cradle and then press down the PH or ink tank firmly. Close the latch. Close the Cover

Reinstall the power adaptor -- No need to press Power ON it will auto realign the Print Head to home position and message "Align?" display (this message show the customer had install the Print Head correctly and successfully)

If the Print head (PH) error continues:

Check and update the Firmware to the latest version.

Note: that you can’t update the firmware when the printer has an ERROR present.

Remove the Print Head and when you get the PH Missing message, press cancel. You should be able to update the Firmware now. I am also sending you the link so that you can install and update firmware of the printer

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Thanks and regards,
    Madhur B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Not really sure how this works but here goes---

I was having a problem with my printer (v715w)--called a Dell tech and got no help.  Found this "Forum" by accident and darn if someone else didn't have the same problem.  Your answer to that person fixed my printer.  I could not believe it!  Thank you so much and I hope this goes through.

xcanuk

• I tried both of the above directions. Neither worked for me.  I still keep getting the error message "There is a problem with the printhead. Please consult User's Guide".  I have clean the printhead at least three times and this did not resolve the issue.  I went to the link you indicated. Firmware was updated but no resolution to my printhead problem.  My printer is approximately 16 months old just like one of the other members of the community. I will not buy another DELL printer.  I had purchase $96.00 worth of ink and now printer doesn't work.

• 2ponds,

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Try shaking the Dell Series cartridges before reseating them.

Here is a video on how to reseat the cartridges. The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

We have also found a Replacement Printhead for your printer.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi,

Welcome to the community,

remove the print head and ink cartridges

clean the print head and clean the metal  contacts on ink cartridges

disconnect the power cable from the printer and wait for 2 minutes and reconnect the power cable

then go to support.dell.com and for your printer download the firmware from the website and save it on your computer main screen

run the firm ware and it 'll detect the printer follow the steps and firmware will be done on the printer, (while updating the firmware make sure that you connect the USB cable

between the printer and computer)

if the issue persist even after the firmware update, then unplug the printer power cable and take out the cartridges and then take out the print head

clean the print head and then replug the power cable and wait for the message that will say please insert the print head, insert the print head and then it should say insert ink cartridges,

after trying this step if the issue still persist, then replacing the print head is the only option.

Alok Kar

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• 2ponds,

To reset the error messages on the printer...

You must unplug the printer from the wall, then remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• thanks for your help but printer head error still there,

• you post the same bullshit answer on every printer head problem post

• Hello,

I followed your suggestions on reinstalling the printhead and then downloading the firmware.  I am still getting the error message.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Michael

• Hi mochase7,

I appreciate the steps that you have tried to fix the printhead problem, now that the same error is displayed on the screen it is a problem with the printhead and it needs to be replaced.

In case the system has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name, and address.
    To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

To check the Warranty status use this link:  http://tinyurl.com/5r4b8j

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

• I followed the suggestions, but once I installed firmware, I deep cleaned the cartridge then realigned the cartridge, then printed test page and it appears to be working now.

• Hi fatcat27,

Good to know that this resolution helped you get the printer working.

Social media serves the purpose of helping as many as possible!

Please revert for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here