DELL V515W printer.Print-head

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

DELL V515W printer.Print-head

• I have A dell v515w AIO PRINTER.  All of a sudden the printer will only print in black.  Changed cartridges, did the clean heads and align, changed cratridges again.  Took print-head out and it looks fine, but it is obviously the print-head.  Amazon sells one for $59.95, but I have mixed feelings, printers are so cheap, do I buy a new printhead and hope that is the problem, or just buy a new printer,?

Thanks

• fred4838,

Start, control panel, printers, your printer, printer preferences.

Look there to make sure the printer is set to use all avliable ink.

Also try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Shake the Dell Series Ink Cartridges before reseating them.

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Had a similar problem. Got an error message telling me to clean print head. After cleaning print head V515W spews red ink across page. Printer was 1 (one) day past the one year warranty. Will probably just buy a new one but if it is a DELL will definately get an extended warranty. Every other brand of printer I have owned, Epsons and Lexmark, have lasted for years.

• Well guess what< just for the hell of it, I plugged it back in, and now it is printing great!  Don't ask my why or how, it just started!  But as long as it keeps going, who am I to complain.  Thanks for answering.

Fred J.