Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

dell printer V515w software

This question is not answered

I can not find the CD that came with this printer. I was able to download the driver, but not sure how to do scanning, etc. The original had a software suite, nit just the printer driver. Where can I download the driver?

Thanks

All Replies
  • Now I am getting agivated. I looked on the dell support website everywhere. I was only able to downoload drivers for the printer, nothing for the scanner/fax. I  guess without the CD can't do much. Ready to toss this printer. Sure it was cheap, but not worth the hassle, everytime I have to do scanning, etc. I guess "you get what you you pay for" is always true.

• rashidf2,

The printer needs an OCR Program installed to be aboe to scan and fax. If you click on the blue on the next page, click start conversation, we can discuss the possibilities for an OCR Program.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Rick,

Apologies. I was just venting off, becuase I misplaced the CD (my own mistake). With 4 kids I am having trouble keeping track of things :) I've finally found the CD. The printer works just fine. It gets some abuse with no issues.

Thanks for the reply.

• rashidf2,

No problem. I hate it when trying to use different OCR programs. The original program works well. Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!