2350dn printer queue problems

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

2350dn printer queue problems

This question has suggested answer(s)

Installed the printer without incidents on Windows 7 Prof. 64-bit (connected via network with fixed IP set using the Dell utility) - the problem is that jobs are not deleted from the queue after printing. I have to delete them manually.

I have installed the printer on another PC on the same network, this time running Windows XP 32-bit and it works perfectly.

The printer is given on Dell web page as Windows 7 compatible, both 32 and 64-bit.

I have checked the support area, the drivers there are from last year so they must the same as supplied with the product last week.

I also tried restoring an image of the Windows 7 operating system and installing a second time to see if there was a problem with some form of random port corruption, the result was the same.

Also tried sending an e-mail to Dell support, twice, with different e-mail addresses, disapointingly I have not even received an automated reply to either mail.

I had a look on the web, printer queue problems of this nature seem to be fairly common, plausible solutions on how to fix them on the other hand are not to be found.

Anybody got any bright ideas? Would be much appreciated

RGM_99

All Replies
  • RGM_99,

Have seen people that used images not have the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers install properly, then the rest of the drivers failed to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

I usually don't responf to the lasers printers, I know more about the Dell Inkjet Printers. The drivers for the Inkjet printers are mostly Vista drivers, so maybe the Windows 7 for your laser is also Vista.

I would first run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 64-bit drivers. Install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode If network, then select network and follow the instructions.

See if that corrects the problem.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thanks for your help Rick, you provoked some useful further thought.

To cut the story short - I have solved the problem - dump the CD shipped with the product and use the "Dell Open Print" driver on the download page for device. This is the general purpose driver that works with lots of printers and functions correctly for Win 7 64-bit with network connection to the printer.

Can't say I am happy with customer service from Dell, an issue that seems to be a common theme in this forum. Okay I did not buy a top of the range product, but if it does not work correctly as shipped, customer support should be provided, otherwise customer satisfaction is seriously degraded, as in my case. And I am currently looking to purchase two laptops, I was seriously considering Dells, but that is an unlikely scenario now.

Thanks again

RGM_99

• RGM_99,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back. We used to have a great person helping people with the Dell Laser printers but the person has moved on. The forums is mostly made of Dell Users, like you and me. If you have a certain issue with a Dell Laser, type your problem and add the word llynster after the search If you get any hits, then follow the instructions, he really knew the Dell Laser Printers.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• There is an epilogue here.

1. Dell Support finally answered and offered some assistance, but they are as yet a couple of days of frustration behind, but at least they answered with assistance, a major step forward.

2. The solution I reported above to use the Dell Open Print driver proved to have one slight problem - the Open Print Driver simply refuses to use the duplexer, I tried it all, it just wouldn't work. The driver recognises that the duplexer is installed but it just will not use it. The solution to this new problem is:

in "Printer properties" on the "Advanced" tab - click the "New driver..." button and install the printer specific driver from the CD. You end up with a hybrid, the basis is the Open Print Driver that provides the port and the interface to the queue, and the specific driver on top. And now it works, no queue problems and the duplexer functions as well.

Hope it saves someone a lot of frustration!

RGM_99