V313w: Mystery problem with printhead

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V313w: Mystery problem with printhead

This question is not answered

My V313W stopped printing and provided this message, "There is a problem with the printhead. Please consult the User's Guide." I tried wiping the contact points, removing and reinserting the printheads to no avail.

All Replies
  • dbcarrots,

The only information I have is...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers Make sure the printer cartridges are in the correct position. The lips needs to be in the correct position.

and

Resolving Printhead Errors by Cleaning the Printhead on a Dell V313/V313w/V515w/V715w/P513w/P713w AIO Inkjet Printer

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I got the same problem with my V515W! And the print heads will not clean, the unit is basically frozen and will do nothing. Tried a power reset. Nothing. The message first appeared when my ink ran out and after replacing with new will not get rid of message and Dell Service center shows them as empty!

• I found a solution! My warranty ran out by a month and I wasn't about to buy another one. I tried all the suggested methods over and over again. So I got to thinking... Can I at least keep it to scan? So I unplugged it and plugged it back in and kept tapping the scan buttonto see if it would switch. It did! So I randomly scanned something and it worked fine and I heard the printhead move around. So then I tried to copy something and it worked! After that, I was able to run all the printhead Mai renamed checks. I am no techie but I am guessing that it somehow "registered" the printhead when it was working on the other things. Try this and see if it works for you!
  • Spellcheck sucks sometimes.. I was trying to say "I was able to run all the printhead maintenance checks"