Dell V305 constantly loses wireless communication

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell V305 constantly loses wireless communication

This question is not answered

Very, very displeased with this printer.  In the couple years I have owned it, the drivers have been reinstalled no less than 25 times.  Settings on my home network changed, which resulted in (surprise) my Dell printer not recognized or able to communicate with my Inspiron 1525.  Again, I brought out the well used disk, followed the menu driven instructions, tried to print a test page, nada.

I unstalled printer, reinstalled, print test page - nothing.  No communication.  I went to the printer's menu, set up, wireless secure setup, the push button installation and got congrats that it was configured.  The message didn't make it to my computer as I could not print again.

Truthfully, I am so fed up with this printer I could and have screamed.  The ink consumption is horrible and it only works well or consistantly with the USB cable.  The hours I have spent troubleshooting is ridiculous. 

What is the matter with this printer?  I am running Windows 7 pro and downloaded the WIN 7 drivers for V305.  Should I just bury it and buy a HP?

All Replies
  •  Madison59,

Ever update the firmware in your wireless router?

Try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier. The printer will needs setup, again.

With your computer online, insert the printer disk and it will check for updates, when installing the printer. 

Virus programs and firewalls will block printer communications.

Try these tweaks...

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!