It appears that the USB port on my printer does not work. I have tried connecting it to 3 different computers using several different USB ports on each computer as well as different USb cables. Each time I get the message that the port is not recognized. It has to be the printer's USB because the cables and ports on the computers work with other components. Can the USB on the printer be replaced and if so how hard is it to do this?
Make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?
Printer connected with USB Port, correct?
What virus program are you using?
What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?
Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks
Welcome to Dell Community!
Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015
Dimension 9100 - Windows XP Media Center Edition - don't know if it 32 or 64 bit (I am not very computer savvy)
Yes it was connected
Also tried Dell XPS M1530 - Vista Premium and another Dell we have at our store.
It was working fine with the Dimension and then just stopped.
Did you try...
Allowing Printer past McAfee
1. Open the McAfee Security Center and then click on the ‘Internet and Network’
2. To the right of ‘Internet and Network’ you would see all the services that are present under it, just below that you would have a button ‘Configure’ please click on that.
3. Now you would have the Internet and Network Configuration, in this window you would have an option ‘Firewall Protection in Enabled’ to the right of that you would have a downward arrow, click on that.
4. Then click on the ‘Advanced’ button which would have a new screen up.
5. To the left of that window you would have ‘System Services’ click on it and to the right pane of the window you would have the ports listed.
6. Please check the option which is for ‘Windows File Sharing’ then click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Ok’
7. Restart the computer