dell v310 printer not communicating with computer

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

dell v310 printer not communicating with computer

This question is not answered

so i know WHAT the problem is..i just dont know how to resolve it...

i have a dell v310 wireless printer..up until a couple of days ago, it worked just fine via wi-fi...then i had some problems with my router and ended up buying a new one..only today did i see that that meant now my printer cant communicate with my computer because it isnt configured with the new router..i tried uninstalling then reinstalling the printer, thinking i could just go through the process fresh..but when i get to the part in the setup where it asked what my wi-fi indicator light is showing (flashing orange) it doesnt do anything further, no info or suggestions...  Sad

and so im now stuck with the software installation incomplete, on top of the printer not communicating with my computer when it was installed  Super Angry

All Replies
  •  rainmom54,

Make and model of your new router. What type of security and channel are you using?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• It is a belkin play n600 wireless dual-band  n router

as for channel...?

security type WPA/WPA2

•  rainmom54,

The Belkin has problems with trying to figure out the difference between WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal) and WPA-AES.

It will not connect with using the Recommended Wireless Router Settings

Ask Belkin why their wireless routers cannot determine the difference between WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal) and WPA-AES, this is a Belkin issue.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!