Dell V313 Problem

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell V313 Problem

This question is not answered

Overview

My Dell V313 printer will not print.  On the printers screen it says will not print until the color cartridge is replaced.  We have plenty of black ink however, and I just want to print a regular paper.  I thought I could change the settings to only need black ink to no avail.  I then installed the printer's driver on my brother's laptop and it gave me the message that I was out of colored ink and if I only wanted to print out in black ink.  Of course I chose yes and from the laptop I could print however it came out horribly

What I've Done

• I have uninstalled the driver and let windows update install it for me.
  • I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it using the software I found on this site.
  • On the printer's screen I reset everything to default settings.

This is infuriating.  If the printer wont print because I don't have any colored ink I would seriously like to know why it's setup that way because it's REALLY INEFFICIENT.

Oh and if I try to check the ink levels on the printer I'm given "?" marks.

All Replies
  •  Deisman,

The Dell series cartridges can fail. If you're Dell Series cartridges is low, then there could be a problem with printing. Also try reading...

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• That's a thought, however; this printer is not even a year old yet, and the ink cartridges that are in it are the ones that came with it.  At first, I had no difficulty checking ink levels and doing maintenance work on it but now...

Dell Service Center

Dell V313 >  Printing Preferences

• I get no response from the printer  whenever I try anything.  Test Pages wont print either.  I could print from my Brother's laptop, however; everything had horizontal streaks.

•  Deisman,

What are the ink readings on the printer screen? I have a Dell V715w Wireless Printer and to get the ink status, you need to be able to communicate with the printer.

Here are my screenshots.

And from printer preferences.

I would have to say the cartridges are low enough or the sensors in them have failed, causing the readings. I had these cartridges in since September and this is what is left.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• They don't appear on my computer.  I don't think the problem is the sensor in the ink cartridges because from my printer's interface I can check the ink levels.  I just can't do it on my computer.  This led me to believe it was a connection error with my printer, leading me to do all the stuff I said I did up there but it was to no avail.

•  Deisman,

I'm surprised you get any readings. I can also get reading by entering the ip address for my printer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Go to start, control panel, programs and featuires and remove the printer from there.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the drivers fro Dell's website and install. Make sure your computer is online.

Dell V313 All-In-One Printer owners thread

What happens now?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Deisman

What I've Done

• I have uninstalled the driver and let windows update install it for me.
    • I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it using the software I found on this site.
    • On the printer's screen I reset everything to default settings.

I've already done that.

• Deisman,

Firewall and virus protection is the only things that usually block printer communications.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I've checked and learned that that is not the case.  Also, an error in that logic comes when I reinstalled the driver.

• Noooooo I've been given up on!!!!!!!!!

• Printerhead error on V313.  Ive tried everything.  What next

hairmom

•  

Contact Dell Technical Support

Rick

#DellRockStar