Dell 3000cn will not print without replacing cyan toner?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 3000cn will not print without replacing cyan toner?

This question is not answered

So I have a Dell 3000cn which I've been printing in black/white only once I received low-toner on the cyan.

Somehow now the cyan toner is completely dry and it will not let me print at all even if I have it set to black/white only.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Anthony

All Replies
  • Hello AnthonyLokrn,

i have had the same problem today, as usual, but today i didn't have the replacement (usually i do have original toners ready for replacement :) ).

I have found Your post today but it didn't have any answers so i managed to find it "all by myself".

The knowledge about how much the toner is left in a cartridge comes from the chip-cheap electronics inside the toner so it gave me a clue for "what could happen if I somehow could deny printer access to this knowledge?" - i rememered that there was a setting for "non dell toner" - usually other vendor toners do not have the chip's. I tried to set this "non dell toner" setting and it worked like a charm - the greys are printing great but i didn't manage to test how a yellow page would be printed (for me the Yellow was completely depleted).

Use the above only at Your own risk!

Yours sincerely, hope i could help,

Tymoteusz Ɓuszczewski

media-press.tv A.G.