Dell All-in-one Inkjet printer V313 cartridges refill

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell All-in-one Inkjet printer V313 cartridges refill

This question is not answered

Can i refill any compatible cartridge for Dell All-in-one Inkjet printer V313. I print a lot every day, cannot afford Dell OEM. Please any help.

All Replies
  •  video4click,

You can try. It's not recommended. The ink cartridge has a sensor in it that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

You'll always get the low ink message. Some generic cartridges work and some don't. I use the High Capacity cartridges and they seem to last a longer time, for a few dollars more. If you print as much as it sounds, maybe you should have purchased a laser printer.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I just recently refilled my ink cartridge. It does show the "low ink" message, but it prints fine when I do the test page and printer alignment. There's also a message that says something about "Ink Reserve" or something like that. Does the printer have an "ink reserve" that it uses when it reads that the cartridges are low? I'd like to keep using this cartridge even though it says it's "low," but if it's going to use up the "reserve" and mess up my printer, I won't. What should I do?

~Bethanna

• Bethanna,

Some refilled cartridges work and some don't the low ink message will always be there. The cartridges have a sensor in them and cannot be reset. If the printer error messages cannot be reset and the printer stops working, then try Dell brand cartridges mlisted below.

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 21, 22 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Dell Series 21 ink cartridges have an RFID tag under the label.  You may be able to refill it, depending on the version of your firmware and software drivers and where you bought the cartridge. The RFID tag doesn't recognize the refill, though.  The next time I buy a printer, it will certainly be one that does not have any limitations on refilling cartridges.  I may have to go back to ink pen and paper as greedy as all of these printer companies are.  They'll probably figure out a way to prevent me from refilling my fountain pen without paying for a $20 RFID chip next.

• LightningThor,

Try reading...

Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

You'll always get the low ink eror message, no way to by-pass it. If the printer does not work, then sensor failed.

Rick

#DellRockStar