Running hp photosmart 7260 on windows 7

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Running hp photosmart 7260 on windows 7

• I have been trying to put the driver on this new windows 7 64 bit computer. The photosmart 7260 had been running just fine on XP. Now I can't get it to work on the new dell Dell 1545 laptop. I put the software in and runs for awhile  then stops and ask me to sign in as administrator. I thought that windows 7 would pick this up and install the driver.

What do I have to do to make this new computer put up the driver for the hp 7260?

•  jfgsr,

Did you try disconnecting the printer. Uninstall the printer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed Manual Printer Driver Removal

Install the XP or Vista 64-bit drivers in the compatibility mode. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• According to the HP web site there are Windows 7 32/64 bit drivers for this printer.

• I thank you for the advise.