Enable Bidirectional Communication

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Enable Bidirectional Communication

• Hi, I hope someone there can put me out my misery. I am trying to wireless connect my Dell V305 to my laptop. \the laptop is in a network with my desktop and connects through the router. I have loaded the drivers as per installation disk but it will not connect as it just comes up with the message "Enable Bidirectional Communication". I have followed all info and gone to printer properties but could find no box marked thus. I am running windows 7 if thats any help.

I cannot find help anywhere else so I would be very greatful as a first time user of this forum.

Thanks Davec

• DaveC2,

You should be able to go to

start, control panel, printers, your printer, right click on printer, printer properties, ports. Should look something like this.

Just check the box.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Rick,

I have Vista and my Dell V305 printer is directly connected to my laptop. I am getting the "enable bidirectional communication" error. When I go the the properties the box is grayed out. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Melissa

• Melissa,

Usually you can Enable Bidirectional Support/Enable Biodirectional Support

If you cannot, then...

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer from the computer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V305 Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer.

With the computer online, insert the printer disk, then reinstall the printer.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!