Dell 3100cn Photo Paper Printing Problems

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 3100cn Photo Paper Printing Problems

This question is answered

I have a Dell 3100cn that prints beautifully and without issue on plain paper, but every time I try printing on photo paper parts of the photo don't "stick" to the paper and instead transfer to other areas of the paper, sometimes even the back of the paper.  I've tried several different types and brands of photo paper, all specifically designed for laser color printers and all with the same result.  What's causing this and how do I resolve it?

Verified Answer
  • Seems like this printer have a problem in settings of paper here is the link to media guide 

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3100cn/en/UG/section10.html#977463

but don't think a printer should not work on laser photo paper there must be a setting when you are printing to specify that its photo printer paper the only reason color don't stick to the paper is cause the fusser assembly is not heating it to the point that the color stick to the paper try resetting the printer to default then starting over the page count will go back to zero but its nothing big other think i can think is that the transfer roller have some thing sticky on and when it heats up to a point it let go of the color but one Que. is it doing for all color or just one kind try printing page with 3 different color on a single page it will show you hope it helps.

Syed F Ali

C.E.O

www.state Geeks.com

www.bestwaycomputers.com

All Replies
  • Seems like this printer have a problem in settings of paper here is the link to media guide 

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/3100cn/en/UG/section10.html#977463

but don't think a printer should not work on laser photo paper there must be a setting when you are printing to specify that its photo printer paper the only reason color don't stick to the paper is cause the fusser assembly is not heating it to the point that the color stick to the paper try resetting the printer to default then starting over the page count will go back to zero but its nothing big other think i can think is that the transfer roller have some thing sticky on and when it heats up to a point it let go of the color but one Que. is it doing for all color or just one kind try printing page with 3 different color on a single page it will show you hope it helps.

Syed F Ali

C.E.O

www.state Geeks.com

www.bestwaycomputers.com

• Thank you so much for the link.  I wasn't printing via the MPF and consequently wasn't choosing the paper type.  Once I made those adjustments I was able to print without an issue.

• No problem good thing it helped :)