DELL AIO 946 printer (compatible) NOT installed by Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

DELL AIO 946 printer (compatible) NOT installed by Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade

This question is not answered

Dell compatibility printer website say this printer is 'Windows 7 compatible.'  The upgrade went OK, but the printer drivers did not install. I had bought a complete XPS 410 system 2 yrs ago and purchased a 3 yr. warranty for all...so I supposed. After contacting Dell support for help with the printer, found that my printer had only a 1 yr warranty which was now expired. Had to pay $30 for technical support to "fix/remove/install" the drivers again. I had checked previously to make sure that the printer was compatible, so I went ahead with the install.  Sure doesn't seem fair to have to pay Dell  $$$ for something that they said was OK to use with Windows 7.Angry BTW, Dell tech support fixed the problem via 'Dell Connect.'Big Smile

All Replies
  • Hey, who did you contact and how do I get there. If they can fix my 948 which has the same problem as yours for only 30 it would be well worth the cost. Thanks

• I contacted Dell support. (See your Dell paperwork or their website). Make sure you get to the 'printer support' folks in any case. If you have an XPS system, here is their telephone number: 800-232-8522. Of course, have your service/express tag numbers available. If your printer is out-of-warranty, they'll tell you it will cost you $29.99 for support. Good luck.

• I could never get the DELL 946 printing fucntion working on Windows 7 64 bit. It complains that the printer is not communicating. Where as scanning function works with out any problem?

Can you please let me know where I Can find a working driver for this printer?

• I could never get the DELL 946 printing fucntion working on Windows 7 64 bit. It complains that the printer is not communicating. Where as scanning function works with out any problem?

Can you please let me know where I Can find a working driver for this printer?