Dell AIO962 & Dell V505 Printers - Scan drivers do not install on Dell Vostro 1720 laptop

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell AIO962 & Dell V505 Printers - Scan drivers do not install on Dell Vostro 1720 laptop

This question is not answered

I just purchased a Dell Vostro 1720 laptop with Vista 32-bit operating system.   A few months back I purchased a Dell V505 printer and used it on my Windows XP desktop and it all worked fine.  When I installed (from the CD) the Dell V505 printer, I can print from all my applications just fine.  When I try to scan, or setup the fax program, I am told the printer and laptop cannot communicate.  If I go to the device manager it says the drivers didnot install.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  I downloaded the driver from the dell support site and installed them.  Nothing I do seems to make any difference.  I then took my laptop home and tried to install my Dell AIO 962 printer but I received the same errors.  After installing from the CD or the downloaded driver, the message is that the computer found the driver but was unable to install it.  It does not tell me why.  I spent 4 1/2 hours on support chat to try to fix this problem but nothing was resolved.  I am getting a little frustrated.

All Replies
  • I unpacked a DELL V505 this evening and I seem to have the same scanner problem, and I'm 3 hours into it.......I understand......let me know if you find the answer as I will