3115 IP Address

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

3115 IP Address

This question is not answered

I just purchased and installed the wireless hardware for my 3115cn.  I was not able to set up the wireless connection because neither my wired connection or my wireless have an IP address.  I spent 3 hours on the phone with technical support and they can't figure out why my printer will not show an IP address.  Does anybody have any ideas? 

All Replies
  • What was happening with the printer BEFORE you added the wireless stuff? Did it work wired on a wired network then?

If you printer a "Printer Settings" page, is the wireless hardware listed?

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
    • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
  • Before I added the wireless, my printer was printing fine on a wired connection.  My scan function never really worked but everything else works.  When I print out the system settings report, it list the IP address as 0 for both wired and wireless.

• OK, you answered one question...... it previously worked on wired.

The 2nd question was: Did the system setting report list the wireless hardware?

Recommendation: Take it back to the point where it DID work; i.e., start over. (remove the wireless stuff)

Do you know how to reset the network settings?
    (this is for the 3110cn, but the menu structure is very similar)
    1. Press the Menu button.
    2. Press the down button until Admin Menu appears, then press the enter button.
    3. Press the down button until Wired Network is displayed, then press the enter button.
    4. Press the down button until Reset LAN appears, then press the enter button.
    5. When the "Are you sure?" message appears on the operator panel, press the enter button.
    The display momentarily indicates Initializing..., followed by Initialized, followed by Restart Printer to apply setting. The display returns to Wired Network and Reset LAN.
    6. Turn the printer off, wait a few moments, and then turn the printer on.
    7. After a few minutes, print another settings page to see if the printer acquired an IP address (assuming you're connected to a DHCP source)

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
  • My printer was not on a wired network, it was plugged in the USB. The printing worked fine when using the USB cord.  The only thing that did not work was my scanner.  When I would scan it would say that the printer was not plugged into a computer. 

Yes, when I print out the systems report, it does list the wireless hardware.  I unplugged the printer for a week and then replugged and the IP address is still showing 0 on both the wired and wireless settings.

• OK, this DOES clarify things a little. (USB connection vs. Network Connection)

Does the COPY function work on the unit? Can you FAX? (both these functions USE THE SCANNER)

Since you are trying to add wireless functionality, tell me about the network you're trying to connect to? Is it a Wireless AP/Router?

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop