"PC life warning"

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

"PC life warning"

• Hello!

Our 2330dn printer keeps displaying the message "PC life warning".  Anybody know what this means and what we need to do about it? 

Many thanks!

• There is nothing, that I see, in the Dell manual about that error message.  There is one about the "drum life" and maybe it's referring to that?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• Many thanks for the speedy reply!  I think that's exactly it, our imaging drum is almost at the end of it's life.  I would like to be sure though, and want to print the printer settings configuration sheet as the troubleshooting advice tells me to, but I don't know how!  Do you know where I can find this info?

The owners manual that came with our 2330dn is for a 1710/1710n printer so not very helpful!!

Thank you Smile

• Click on the link that I put in my original post.  It will take you to the error message section but you can navigate to any section in the manual from there.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• I'm having the same problem and I took your advice to change the drum but I'm still getting the "PC Life Warning" message. Any ideas?

• Resetting the counter after replacing the drum will get rid of the message.  You can reset the counter by opening the front covers, press and hold the cancel button.