948 Paper Jam Cleared, Message Still There

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

948 Paper Jam Cleared, Message Still There

This question is answered

I've done everything but throw it on the floor (shaking, canned air, etc) and there is nothing jammed.  I cleared the initial jam, but now I can't get the message to go away.

HELP!

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Rick,

I opened the front of the printer like I was going to replace a cartridge and was looking at how paper goes through.  There are four sections with rollers on them.  (Blue in color, then two black, then another blue set) Right in the middle of the two center ones is a little black thing (stick? switch?).  I pressed it with the point of a pen (its that small) and it snapped down and the red light went out.  I'm printing again.

I had tried your suggestion (shacking, vaccum) to no avail.  I had also tried card stock. Nothing.  Why I pressed the little black stick thing, at this point what other choice did I have?

Thank You.  You are all over these boards helping folks.  What a blessing you are!

All Replies
  • Jo5329,

I usually recommend this. Print roller and Jam problems It sounds kinda funny but people have actually had something come out of their printers this way.

Let me know what error message you get after you unplug the power cord and remove the power brick for 60 seconds.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Rick,

I opened the front of the printer like I was going to replace a cartridge and was looking at how paper goes through.  There are four sections with rollers on them.  (Blue in color, then two black, then another blue set) Right in the middle of the two center ones is a little black thing (stick? switch?).  I pressed it with the point of a pen (its that small) and it snapped down and the red light went out.  I'm printing again.

I had tried your suggestion (shacking, vaccum) to no avail.  I had also tried card stock. Nothing.  Why I pressed the little black stick thing, at this point what other choice did I have?

Thank You.  You are all over these boards helping folks.  What a blessing you are!

• Jo5328.

Thanks for posting back. I'm glad you found the stuck switch. I get a great feeling from helping others, when I can. I have used forums for help, myself, so I know what it's like.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• That's the exit paper sensor..they sometimes get stuck when a paper jam occurs. Especially when the paper is pulled thru the top backwards from the way the paper would normally travel.. Glad you're up and going again.

Big Smile

Shogun33

• Jo5329

Rick,

Ditto here.  I did the same thing!!  pushed the black plastic tab between tiny rollers #4 and #5 and it was fixed!!!  Thank you so much.

• dryden2,

GREAT JOB! Yes Thanks for posting back. Glad you got it working.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Rick,

If not for you and the other guy who gave his feedback, then I couldn't have figured it out.  I'm glad I came across this site.  Thank YOU!!!

• Man this was awesome!!!!!!!!!! You just saved me from paying 30 bucks to get tech support because my warranty was expired. As soon as i pushed that little sensor back down it started working!

Thanks!!!!!!!

• Look at this.  Over a year later and this resoved my printer issue as well.  Many Thanks

• Hi There, just had the same problem on my mom's printer!  Guess what, almost 2 years later and it has just resolved her printer issue.  Thanks, thanks, thanks!  So glad we didn't have to pay technical support!

• Hi i have the same problem with my printer but I can not locate the rollers 4 # and 5 # .