Dell 968w wireless printer

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 968w wireless printer

This question is not answered

Could somebody help me out with this printer.  I thought i was buying the latest and greatest.

Sometimes it gets signal and prints a little while later it wont.   More times wont that will.

When i want to scan something it always had to down load the scan applications, takes

forever and if its on one of its not getting signal times it wont work.  I have had to hook

up by cable more times than i care to for being a wireless printer.  And it 2 out of 3 of the

ink cartriges we have purchased so far have come up missing.  Its just a printer what am

i doing wrong.

All Replies
  • ronnnn,

Disconnect your printer. 

Un-install your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

These settings are highly recommended to get everything communicating correctly.

Fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Remember to install the latest firmware for the 968 printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Your link to "How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network" takes me to a page that seems to indicate that the document is no longer available.  My 968w stopped functioning with my XPS M1330, even though it had been functioning fully and well for over a year.  After much headache and referral to the suggestions in the '968 owners' thread, I've managed to re-install the printer so that it works when connected by USB cable, but the wireless capability of the printer is not detected.

I'm running WIndows 7 Ultimate.

I would appreciate a link to a working document or thread which provides detailed help on installing the printer wirelessly.  Thanks very much.

Jeff

•  jds10011,

Dell replaced the url about a year ago. It was helpful but removed.

Make and model of your wireless router and the channel you're using.

Virus program and firewall also helpful.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!