Photo 926 prints alignment on startup - how to stop?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Photo 926 prints alignment on startup - how to stop?

This question is not answered

A while back, my Photo 926 All-In-One had some quality issues, and I printed several alignment pages while trying to fix the problem. A cartridge replacement solved the print quality issue, but now I have a new problem. Every time I power up the printer, it wants to print an alignment page. I've tried resetting the maintenance settings back to factory default, and have gone through every other option I can find, but I can't seem to solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to turn the alignment print off?? Other than this problem, I've been very happy with the printer. Thanks for any help and suggestions!

All Replies
  • silentpawz,

First, let's try resetting the printer. Remove the printer power cord from the wall. Now remove the powerbrick from the back of the printer. Wait 60 seconds, then plug everything back in. Does this stop the printer from printing an alignment page?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Rick,

I did as you suggested, but it didn't work. It's still printing the alignment page on startup. I can cancel it if I'm quick, but it's still a pain! Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

• silentpaws,

Does the printer still want to try and print the alignment page, when disconnected from the computer?

With the power on, open the printer and pop open the ink cartridge holders. Remove the ink cartridges and then put them back in. I have always replaced my ink cartridges with the power on. It will have to print at least one alignment page for the printer to be satisfied, then it should not happen anymore. Actually, my printer is never turned off, it goes into power saving mode but is on 24/7.

Try it with the printer connected to the computer and then try it without the printer connected.

Let me know the results.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I think that finally did the trick! I popped the cartridges, and put them back in. It didn't do the alignment page then, but when I turned it off and back on, it printed the alignment page. I did another shutdown and powerup and everything seems fine now. :)

Thanks for your help, Rick!

• silentpawz,

Glad you get it fixed. I figured when you have it powered on and replace the cartridge, you should get an alignment page. After that, it shouldn't happen until the next time.

Rick

#DellRockStar