Scanning/Wireless problems with Dell 966

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Scanning/Wireless problems with Dell 966

This question is not answered

I am having problems scanning wireless.....I have read other post esp. by "PudgyOne" have reinstalled all drivers and update firmware for printer and router....please advise....thanks

All Replies
  • Did you try using the Recommended Wireless Router Settings ?

Did you also follow these instructions, exactly?

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers, you'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

When finished, install the latest firmware for the 966 printer.

You may also need to read this,  

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Yes….to the extent possible.

I followed all steps (even did it twice)…however on the “How Do I Connect a Dell…” on step 2 #4…”Press the down button until Reset Network Adapter Defaults is highlighted, then press the Select button”….this is not viable step/option…I have been thru all menu item/options on the printer and cannot find the option to “reset network adapter defaults”.

Additional information which may help:

I can print wireless to the printer.

If I try to scan using the printers’ buttons/menu it goes thru the motions and a status menu pops up on my computer….however, it indicates the scan was 100% and then the “status box” closes and the file is never opened nor can I find where the printer is sending/saving the file to.

Again, the printer and computer seem to communicate and I can print wireless….just no scanning.

Also, opening the “Dell All In One Center” under the tap “scanning & copying”…says I am “currently connected to your Dell Photo AIO Printer 966 device on the network”…however the “SCAN”, “COPY” and “Preview Now” options/drop down menus are grayed out/inactive (i.e. I cannot click on them to initiate a scan/copy or access the drop down menus).

• WTFwith vista09,

Let me clarify the scanning issue.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!