My all in one 922 printer is still printing blank pages

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

My all in one 922 printer is still printing blank pages

• I have a Dell Windows XP Professional Optiplex GX260 which I am using as a home computer.
    I recently asked for help with my printer's inability to print. It sounds like it is printing and making all the appropriate sounds yet only blank pages come out. I have installed new cartridges; checked that the settings on my printer are correct- It is the default printer and it is online without any pause or pending print tasks. I also have downloaded a new driver from the link given in my last message yet the problem persists. Please provide some help in solving this problem. Thank you 

• Did you run the patch like it was mentioned in this post?

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I would like to first thank you for responding to my problem 
    I have run the patch as advised and then installed the new driver. After restarting the computer i tryed again and the results were the same. Is there something else that i can do to rectify this malfunction?
  • ok, now try doing this...

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

•  

i followed your instructions: unplugged the USB cable; downladed and installed the patch; rebooted the computer; uninstalled the USB ports; rebooted and  installed the driver- reconnected the printer's USB cable when prompted and after completing the install- an error message came up- C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\Drivers\W32x86\DLPTPSWX.Exe  abnormal program termination.                                                                i tryed to print with the same results- a blank page. Is there anything else that you can recommend to repair this printer?                                                              

• It still sounds like there is a part of the printer drivers still there.

Disconnect the printer, run the patch, restart your computer.

Make sure you have the custon Windows Updates, especially the net framework. Also make sure that you have the latest Java.

Now try installing the drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

#DellRockStar

• My Printer is Working!!!!Thank you so much for your help. I had lost all hope in fixing the problem and now it is working again. After i ran the patch i decided to use the CD instead of the download and i didn't get the error message. I don't really understand why but i am so grateful for having your instructions and the required patch. Thanks again ...deb