M5200 Service Manual?

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

M5200 Service Manual?

• I have a Dell M5200 that has a terrible paper jam. It's at the rear of the printer. You can see it from the rear door but I cannot reach the paper to get it out. It will require the printer being taken apart to get to it. Is it possible to get a service manual for this printer? Thanks for any help offered.

• Can you take a picture of the jam area and reply with that picture?

You'll need a website on the internet to host the pictures from. If you don't have one, www.Flickr.com is one that works great, among others.

fyi...... max image width allowed in this forum is 460 pixels.

After posting the image to FLICKR, just right-click in the center of the picture then copy/paste the URL info and include that in your reply.

I know from personal experience that service manuals are not available from Dell unless you're an authorized service provider. That said, if you really want to do your own service, the M5200 is based on the Lexmark T630 chassis. You "might" be able to purchase a service manual from Lexmark. BTW, service manuals are generally not free.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
    • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
  • Thank you for the info. I didn't realize service manuals were not available.

I don't have an image of the jam (that printer is in a different building) but here is an image of an M5200:

The jam is in the orange portion of the printer. This is right behind the rear door.

• Your picture does not show up. Images added here to the DCF must be linked to an internet based website. If you don't have one, www.Flickr.com is one that works great, among others.

fyi...... max image width allowed in this forum is 460 pixels.

After posting the image to FLICKR, just right-click in the center of the picture then copy/paste the URL info and include that in your reply.

obtw..... i know what the fuser area looks like..... I've worked on Lasers for many years. What i do need to see is your printer while jammed to offer the best evaluation of the issue.

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
    • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
  • It ended up being a very easy fix. I took the rear door off and found the two screws that holds the back assembly on. Took the screws out, pulled off the assembly and could then easily reach the paper jam. Thanks for the help.