Dell V505w All-In-One Wireless (PRODUCT) RED

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell V505w All-In-One Wireless (PRODUCT) RED

• My Niece bought a Dell v505 AIO Wireless printer product Red and we need to know what kind of adapter she needs to make the printer talk to her laptop through the router. I had her buy a dell 3300 adapter but she says that during set up mode it finds her router but doesnt do anything else

• Before I post, I need to know the exact model number of your printer. Is it a V305, V305w or a V505

The V305w has a wireless card inside it and the setup for these are different. I understand that you purchased a 3300 wireless print adapter, which is really easy to setup, but the model of the printer is needed. Also, if you could post the make and model of your wireless router.

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• ok I called her the printer is the v505 her router is verizon wireless model # GT704WG

She also told me that the adapter set up goes all the way then at the end it wont do anything. Thats why i am thinking we got wrong adapter.

• oops, its this one... Dell V505w All-In-One Wireless (PRODUCT) RED.... I'm the one who bought it for her
  • I'm going to give you how to install the printer using the 3300 wireless print adapter. Below I have listed the recommended wireless router settings for everything to communicate. If the printer has the Dell™ Internal Network Adapter 1150, then the instructions for installation are here.

Disconnect the printer.

Un-install the printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers for the V505 printer.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Now to get everything to communicate properly, you need to change these settings in the wireless router.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security. Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Install the drivers, choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions.

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!