I suspect "static cling " has invaded my 1720 Printer.

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

I suspect "static cling " has invaded my 1720 Printer.

• This printer has been functioning very well in completing the tasks that were expected, however if I have two or three pages to print, all is well, but if I have say 20 pages to print, about 1/2 way through the operation the paper will come out in bunches of six-seven pages, that when separating the batch, they stick together, very much as if they are charged electrically, and they behave like magnets.

My question is: if it is static cling, how can I prevent it ?

I usually fan the pages to make sure they are free to move individually.

maybe this is the wrong move and makes the pages more exited.

• What is the actual printer model number?

Dell never shipped a 1720.

As for static cling..... this can drive ya nuts. Escpecialy in the northern latitudes where the lower winter humidity is so low. Also, offices that are air conditioned with no humidity controls can have this problem.

You may need to take desperate measures. If you can't find or purchase a static workstation mat (basically, a conductive rubberized material connected to a known good electrical ground), you can use a grounded metal surface (see an electrician to detemine the ground) and place the printer and the paper supplies on this surface.

Message Edited by llynster on 03-25-2008 09:49 AM

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
    • internet connected via WildBlue satellite
  •  Hi llynster,

I apologize for short cutting the model number, it is a " 1720 CA "

I also appreciate your response, that sounds perfectly workable, I will explore the purchase of an anti-static workstation mat, hopefully of a size that fits under the printer, thanks for your response.

• Wish you well......

Uhh.... the 1720ca.... who makes that machine?

(Dell never did....)

"the Llynster"

• CompTIA PDI+ Certified
    • all dell shop
    • internet connected via WildBlue satellite