AIO 924 "Right" cartridge incorrect error message

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

AIO 924 "Right" cartridge incorrect error message

• I replaced the M4646 color cartridge in my AIO 924 color printer and get an error message stating: Incorrect Cartridge; I can put the old cartridge back in and it is accepted. The part numbers match and the new cartridges look ok and are identical physically. I have talked via phone to tech support at Dell, I have chatted online, and have tried all the fixes suggested including: reinstalling drivers, I have tried 2 new color cartridges, cleaning contacts, disconnect/reconnect the printer, etc. without any success. I've researched the message boards and forums noting the same problem with several DELL Printer models, without finding a solution other than trashing the printer and buying a new one. I'm running Microsoft Windows XP Professional on a DELL XPS 400 personal computer. The printer, of course, was out of warranty when the problem started.... HAS ANYONE FOUND A VALID FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM?
  • I am having the same problem only mine is the left cartridge. I have tried everything as well and I am getting frustrated. Have you figured it out yet? Please help!
  • I haven't gotten any help yet.......
  • drafter_ttch,

Normally, if the printer is not recognizing the replacement cartridge after performing all the steps you listed, we replace the printer under warranty. However, this is obviously not an option in your case. I will search for a better answer. I will get the details of the issue to the proper channels and report back anything I find. Thanks for your patience.

Edit:

Since the printer has no problem identifying the old cartridge, the problem follows the cartridge and not the printer. So the information I posted about replacing the printer is incorrect. If you purchased the cartridge through Dell, then the cartridge is bad and can be replaced under warranty of the cartridge. The printer engineering team would like to have you ship the bad cartridge to us for evaluation, if that is ok by you. You can just get tech support to replace the bad cartridge against that order number, if you prefer, but if you would like us to have a look at the cartridge, it would need to be shipped to us. I can help you with a replacement and the shipping if you would like. Just let me know, and I will get in contact with you via email.

Message Edited by DELL-Bill B on 07-11-2007 04:09 PM

• So I need to send my black cartridge in? It was only used a few times and then it stopped. The printer won't even recognize when it is in there. It still says left cartridridge incorrect. I tried to refill the black ink and it still didn't read it. Now I am out of colored ink and can't print at all because it won't read either cartridge, it says to order ink. On the ink picture, the colored is low and the black has a ? on it. What do I need to do to get a new black ink, it has been about 2 years since I got it but I hardly ever got to use it because it stopped working so quickly. My email is Deaunrice@hotmail. Please let me know about the shipping thing. Thanks
  • If you are still under warranty, you could try getting a replacement cartridge from tech support. If you are out of warranty, I do not think the refilled cartridge is a good candidate for capture and analysis, so your best bet would be to buy another.

• That is EXACTLY my system and my problem!!!  This post was so long ago, do recall if you found a fix?

• Will only Dell-manufactured cartridges work in the Dell printer?  The generic cartridge I have, does have Dell embossed on the plastic case.  

• bellavt,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these ink cartridges are new, then take them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacements. If they're old, then try purchasing a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!