Need Dell A920 Installation CD or download

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Need Dell A920 Installation CD or download

• I cannot find the A920 installation CD and need the OCR software (at least). Previous posts on this topic indicated that you can download the entire cd yet I do not see it on downloads. Does anyone know where/how I can get the CD or download it. Thanks!
  • There is no place to download the OCR software or other software applications that are included on the installation CD.  Only the drivers are available online.  Sorry! :(
  • Thanks for the info. Can I buy the CD from Dell - or can I get a copy from someone who has one?
  • I doubt you'll be able to acquire one directly from Dell.  These installation CD's are usually manufactured around the same time the printers are, once that certain model of printer is no longer being made, the accompanying CD's stop being made as well.  Since it’s been a little while since the A920 has sold, any extras are probably long gone.  Your best bet is to try and find someone with the same model and make a copy of the CD for yourself.  Good luck!

• If you contact Dell I am sure they will help you.
  • "If you contact Dell I am sure they will help you."

Just for reference:

• Fair enough, but on the other hand I know people that have called in and obtained a CD for their outdated unit. Maybe it depends on which department you ask.

Outside of that, the reason that Dell doesn't put them CD image up on their website is because of licensing issues with the additional software that comes on the CD. Things like the BVRP, PaperPort, OCR software are not Dell software. They are included on the CD to make the printer more usable. However, Dell doesn't have the right to make it publically available so that people without a license can download it. They can make the drivers available and that is where it ends.
  • You're right on that one!  Again, for reference: ;)

• I HAVE THE CD YOU NEED, BUT THE IMAGE EXPERT AND PHOTO STUDIO MODULES APPEAR TO BE CORRUPT.  EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE.

HAVE JUST POSTED A REQUEST ASKING FOR HELP.

MAYBE IF WE EXCHANGE COPIES OF OUR CD'S?

FRUSTRATED 987