V313w .... won't print black ink

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V313w .... won't print black ink

This question is answered

Hey people......my Dell V313w three-in-one printer won't print black......under Printing Preferences I have to check the box "Print using color ink only" to get black ink printed. The default box is "Print using all available ink".......when that is checked, black ink doesn't print, only color. The black ink cartridge is NOT empty. I see via google and other online forums that the problem of no black ink printing is common with this model of printer. There are no pop-ups stating any errors or messages. No messages on the read-out on the front of the printer. I don't use any wireless device for printing......I have a USB cable for data transfer. Any ideas?

Jimmy

ASRock A55M-HVS Motherboard                                                                                                                                                                                                       AMD APU A-8 3850 2.90 GHz Socket FM1                                                                                                                                                                                  VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 5670 2gb DDR3                                                                                                                                                                                  Installed memory 2x4gbs DDR3 1333mhz PNY Optima                                                                                                                                                              CoolMax V600 600 Watt Power Supply                                                                                                                                                                                                WD 750gbs Caviar Black 7200rpm 64mb cache                                                                                                                                                                    CoolerMaster Black Elite 430 ATX Case 2x120mm Case Fans                                                                                                                                                   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OS

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Jimmy,

You can try...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

I usually recommend shaking the Dell Series cartridges before reseating them.

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

If this was the cartridge that came with the printer, it may be possible the cartridge may have dried up inside or the sensor has failed.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• thanks a million i was pulling my hair out trying to get my printer to print black and your recomendation was right!!! made my day now i can print my taxesStick out tongue

• dflat0821,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• dflat.......are you speaking about rick or me (jimmy40) that answered you printing question? Had to be rick, he's the only one that gave any advice on this single post........have a good one!!!!

...........Jimmy

• Jimmy was right about my black ink, all i was getting was a blank piece of paper but when i switched from "use all ink available" to "use color only" it worked !!  but after an half hour of use my color started to run like crazy. any answers for color running.. terrible printer

• dflat........I agree with your statement that it's a terrible printer......sorry I cannot help you with any info on your running of colored ink......why don't you begin a "New Post" (link located at the top of this page) for the colored ink running, and also mention your computer specs (CPU, operating system, memory) in that new post.

I eventually sold my V313w online last summer, and purchased a H/P deskjet printer because the 313 was simply too "overwelming" for me; I needed a simple, basic printer......not an all-in-one printer that prints, faxes, and washes the dishes, lol.

.........jimmy40

• jimmy40,

If you'd like, I can lock this thread so you don't get any more replies and then the new members will need to start a new thread.

Since dflat0821 has stopped pulling out their hair, I would say both of you are solved.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• doesn't bother me......gives me something to do......-20 degrees here in MN, and "answering" posts will keep me warm !

• thanks Jimmy, i am with you in the cold mn winter, any suggestions on a new printer? i just need somthing that prints also. no dishes ha

• I purchased a brand new HP Deskjet 1000 Series printer........here is the address of the web site: www.shopping.hp.com/.../CH340A

If you have a USB printer data cable you won't need to purchase one through HP. It's up to you, the ink cartridge cost about $30-$32 total for both BW & Color. A new printer, which comes with ink cartridges, total around $35+. Probably be better off purchasing a new printer when time comes to order new cartridges. I myself have been partial to Compaq/HP since 1995 when I got my first desktop pc, with Windows 3.1..........

.........Jimmy Nelson

• Hi , quick question.  I have a Dell v313 all in one printer, and I only use it for black ink printing.  In the options, there is a place to select 'printon only in black ink', but this is greyed out.  How can I set this so that the printer only uses the black ink cartridge?

thanks,

Hj2095