V715W copy function problem

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V715W copy function problem

This question is not answered

I installed a new V715W and the copy button light stays on but the copy function does not work. It prints okay. I tried reinstalling the soft ware but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated.         

All Replies
  • nolenut,

After pressing copy, did you press the start button on the right?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Yes.  When the printer is first turned on the light on the copy button comes on and stays on. If you press it and then start, nothing happens and the light stays on. Scan function does not work either.

• nolenut,

Any error message on the screen?

Unplug the printer for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait about 1 minute for the printer to come on and reset everything.

What happens after the printer powersr back on by itself?

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• No error message. I tried turning off and on again but did not unplug. I'll try that tonight when I get home. I don't think the printer automatically turns on when plugged into power but I could be mistaken. Thanks and I will let you know if this works tonight.

• nolenut,

I have this model and keep it on 24/7 using Eco-mode. Prints on both sizes with no problems.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Rick: I have no problem with the print function although I have not tried the two sided print feature. My questions relate solely to the copy function. Thanks

• nolenut,

It should be able to copy on it's own, just like a copying machine.

You don'l mean scan, do you?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Maybe I am not making myself clear. You have to place the document to be copied in the automatic feed or place it face down on the manual site and then press "copy" . It doesn't copy on its own as you state. The copy function simply does not work on my printer.

• nolenut,

That is strange. I can press copy, then press the start button the it will scan using either the ADF or the flatbed. Strange is that you can print.

Try unplugging the printer from the wall. Then remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This should reset the printers error messages.

How old is the printer? Is it still under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockStar