Dell V105 printer driver for Windows 7 - 64 bit

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell V105 printer driver for Windows 7 - 64 bit

This question is not answered

I just set up a new Dell Inspiron 620 PC running WIN7 64 bit. His Dell V105 printer can't find a driver. I went to Dell driver sitefor this printer  but Win 7 driver is only for 32 bit. Will that work?

All Replies
  • speleo1,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer, start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V105 Printer, uninstall.

Restart the computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, you can insert the Dell V105 Printer disk and allow it to update online, then follow the instructions.

Remember Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

If you do not have the printer disk, then try the drivers located at...

Dell V105 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

If the downloaded drivers do not work, then try installing them in the Vista Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and noticed that  V105 is not working for printing but it works for scan.

Do we need to wait for upgrade drivers?

Regards

Priyasathish

• Hi priyasathish,

You can try installing the windows 7 64 bit drivers for the printer to work with windows 8 operating system, do not use Driver cd for the printer, please use this link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/dell-v105?driverId=R264457&osCode=W764&fileId=2731112193

1)      Click the above link, select drivers and downloads from the option and the page looks as follows:

2)      From the select Download file.

3)      Once the download is completed, run the driver file.

4)      Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

5)     Restart the computer.

Not check the functionality of the printer.

Note: Only basic functionality of the printer will work as the driver is not completely compatible with Windows 8.

And yes if the above steps are not working then please wait until the V105 driver for windows 8 is launched.

Please reply for any help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

• Priyasathish,

I see from this list, your printer is not compatible. Microsoft Windows 8 Compatibility with Dell Printers

Did you try the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode?

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I did installed R264457.exe but only scanner working not printing, Getting error message like communication not avaliable.

Looks like we have to wait for v105 driver for win 8

• priyasathish,

Did you check the firewall settings?

If using Windows Defender, this should be similar...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials

Rick

#DellRockStar